Quitting smoking or chewing tobacco is a difficult process. The average quitter makes many quit attempts before they actually stay tobacco-free. When you are ready to quit tobacco for good, Alaska’s Tobacco Quit Line can give you the support you need to be successful. We provide Alaska adults 18+ with free, confidential coaching and support services. We understand that everyone’s experience with quitting tobacco is different, and our quit coaches will help you create a plan that works for you.
Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW to start your quit plan today, or follow the links on the right to enroll with Alaska’s Tobacco Quit Line online.
Free services include:
- Self-guided materials to help prepare, set a quit date and quit successfully.
- Telephone coaching:
- Callers receive personalized advice and coaching on how to quit, information on medications, assistance with creating a quit plan and help selecting a quit date.
- Alaska residents may call the quit line as often as they like.
- Tobacco users have the option of enrolling in a call-back program, through which they will receive a series of four proactive, individual coaching and support calls.
- Web Coach:
- Online program that supports and assists tobacco users through the quitting process
- Allows Alaskans to stay engaged with their Quit Coach, use medications correctly, manage urges, and prevent relapse; all from their mobile phones.
- Free nicotine replacement therapy for all eligible participants.
- A secure website to learn more about Alaska’s Tobacco Quit Line, enroll for services or request to speak with an enrollment specialist.
- Information for those concerned about a tobacco user.
- Referrals to local tobacco cessation resources and services.
- Expanded services for pregnant and nursing women.
Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or enroll online through this website.