What is Alaska's Tobacco Quit Line?
You can quit. We'll show you how.
Quitting smoking or chewing tobacco is a difficult process. When you are ready to quit tobacco for good, Alaska’s Tobacco Quit Line can provide you with the support you need to be successful.
Only you can choose to quit tobacco. Once you’ve made the decision, we can help you live your life tobacco free. Alaska’s Tobacco Quit Line provides Alaska residents with free, confidential counseling and support services. We understand that everyone is different so our quit coaches will help you create a quit plan that works for you.
Quit Coaches are ordinary people with extraordinary training. They come from all walks of life, ages and ethnic backgrounds. Many of the quit coaches have been affected by tobacco – some are former smokers while others have lost a loved one to a tobacco-related illness. Quit coaches are chosen because they are passionate about helping people quit tobacco.
Your Quit Coach will help you:
- Assess your tobacco use history and individual needs
- Identify personal patterns and triggers that tempt you to use tobacco
- Develop a plan to set a quit date and help you stay quit
- Make a decision about nicotine replacement therapy i.e. patches, gum or lozenges
Quit materials are mailed to callers after they speak with a quit coach. Materials include helpful information on:
- Making a decision about quitting
- Getting ready to quit
- Knowing what to expect when you quit
- Coping with withdrawal symptoms and stress
- Asking friends, family members or co-workers for support
- Avoiding relapse and staying tobacco free