Have you ever wondered what happens when you call Alaska’s Tobacco Quit Line?
When you call 1-800-QUIT-NOW, you will automatically be directed to Alaska’s Tobacco Quit Line. A registration specialist will ask you a few standard questions before transferring you to a quit coach.
Note: If you are a resident of Alaska but not calling from a 907 area code, you will need to speak with the registration specialist to be directed to Alaska’s Tobacco Quit Line.
The quit coach will:
- Ask questions about your tobacco use to assess your tobacco use history and individual needs.
- Identify personal patterns and triggers that cause you to want to use tobacco.
- Work with you to develop a personal quit plan and quit date and help you stay quit.
- Make a decision about nicotine replacement therapy, such as patches and gum.
Following the call:
- Quit materials will be mailed to you after your first call with a quit coach. Materials include helpful information on topics such as:
- Making a decision about quitting
- Getting ready to quit
- Knowing what to expect when you quit
- Coping with withdrawal symptoms and stress
- Asking friends, family members or co-workers for support
- Avoiding relapse and staying tobacco-free
Hear A Live Quit Coach Session
Robert talks with a quit coach and receives encouragement to remain tobacco-free after his stay in the hospital. The quit coach emphasizes how being tobacco-free will keep Robert’s heart healthy.